Nov 28, 2009

Shark diving in a cage


If you want to experience something really amazing but at the same time kind of scary, you should try shark diving. I went diving, well actually more snorkeling, with sharks in a cage on O’ahu, which is one of Hawaii’s islands. There are many possibilities to go shark diving all around the world in many different places.

It was an amazing experience. First you go over about 3 miles off shore with a boat and a bunch of people. After they put the cage in the water the first can get in. It is really incredible but getting in is already a little challenge. After I finally got into the cage and put my head under water to see the sharks I almost got a heart attack as in the same time a really, really huge shark passed the cage. On O’ahu you normally see Galapagos sharks or Sandbar sharks but we also had great luck as some Tiger sharks appeared which is very seldom. I tried to make as many good pictures as possible, but to be honest it didn’t quite worked out. Here are some impressions of my tour:

1 comment: